Sunday, June 3, 2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm (lunch on own)
PERMANENT WAFER BONDING: FUNDAMENTALS AND APPLICATIONS
Eric Pabo and Dr. Viorel Dragoi
EV Group, USA
- Syllabus Review
- Benefits of Wafer Bonding
- Brief History of Wafer Bonding
- Permanent Wafer Bonding Processes
- Direct wafer bonding
- Plasma activated wafer bonding
- Room temperature covalent wafer bonding
- Anodic wafer bonding
- Metal-based wafer bonding
- Metal thermo-compression
- Transient liquid phase (TLP)
- Glass frit wafer bonding
- Adhesive wafer bonding
- Wafer-to-wafer alignment for wafer bonding
- Wafer bonding process selection
- Process control and metrology
- Metrology methods used for wafer bonding characterization
- Examples of failures for various wafer bonding processes
- Reliability testing
- Wafer Bonding applications examples
- Engineered substrates
- Conductive semiconductor interfaces
- Wafer bonding for MEMS
- 3D integration
- Miscellaneous applications
- Challenges and open items in wafer bonding
- Thermally-mismatched materials
- Oxide management
Eric Pabo is the Business Development Manager for MEMS for EV Group, prior to this he was the Bonding Applications Engineer for EV Group in North America. He has been with EV Group for over 11 years, has 34 years of experience in electronics manufacturing, with 18 years of experience in wafer bonding and wafer level packaging at Hewlett Packard, Agilent Technologies and EV Group.
Eric is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Colorado, is a Six Sigma Black Belt and has a Mechanical Engineering Degree from Colorado State University.
Eric occupies any spare time he may have with his hobby of photography.
Dr. Viorel Dragoi is Chief Scientist for Permanent Wafer Bonding at EV Group. He graduated Faculty of Physics at University of Bucharest, Romania, in 1995 and received his PhD from Institute of Atomic Physics Bucharest in 2000 with a thesis on wafer bonding technology.
In 1998 he joined Max Planck Institute for Materials Physics (Halle/Saale, Germany) and started working on wafer bonding process technology topics.
In 2001 he joined EV Group, Austria as product manager/process engineer. His current activities are focusing on wafer bonding process development internally, in partnership with customers or in the framework of multi-partners international project.
He co-authored over 130 papers published in journals and conference proceedings, and is author/co-author of 6 book chapters on wafer bonding fundamentals and applications.
To add the short course to your existing registration, please visit this link.
Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved, Hilton Head 2018 and interteq.com